Permanent position: Immediate need to PLC Electrical Technician located near Tinley Park, IL at a worldwide leading industrial manufacturer. This role is responsible to make electrical repairs, as well as installing, maintaining or rebuilding a variety of production and building equipment. Candidates must have two to four years of electrical/electronic or instrument and control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment. PLC programming experience is required. This is direct hire opportunity to join a growing Fortune 300 organization. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Electrical Technician
Requirements for the Electrical Technician
- Diagnose equipment problems, disassemble, determine extent of repairs, requisition or make parts, assemble equipment and make necessary operating adjustments.
- Install and repair variety of electrical equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
- Ability to layout complex control circuitry. Ability to select material and prepare wiring diagrams.
- Ability to replace faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices.
- PLC Programming for Siemens, Allen Bradley and Parker.
- Perform preventive maintenance following prescribed schedules.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED is required
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of electrical/electronic or instrument and control troubleshooting within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PLC Programming for Siemens, Allen Bradley and Parker control systems
- Must be familiar with lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, drill presses, 3-phase power and equipment, AC / DC drives and process controls
- Ability to follow manuals, schematic diagrams, electrical code and blueprints plans, sketches, models and oral or written instructions
- Ability to work various shifts (Mostly 1st shift work)
- Full benefits package
- PTO and Vacation plan
- Overtime potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.