Permanent position: International maker of adhesive materials seeks a BUYER for its operations located north of GREENVILLE, SC. The BUYER supports the timely purchase of supplies and services at the best total overall cost and quality, to include executing agreements with new or existing suppliers in order to realize greater benefits and/or cost avoidances. Experience in the purchase of paper, film, adhesives, etc highly desired. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Coordinates the on-time delivery of materials and supplies in the manufacturing facility
- Monitors levels of critical materials and places orders in a timely manner in order to meet the schedule.
- Participates in resolving quality issues with suppliers
- Verifies purchasing requisitions, provides price and delivery information for materials and supplies, and verifies specifications prior to issuing requisition.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university is preferred with a minimum of three years' experience in a manufacturing environment as a Buyer / Purchasing Agent
- Knowledge of ERP Systems such as SAP, Oracle, etc
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiations skills
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.