Permanent position: Multi-national maker of automotive parts and assemblies seeks a SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST for its Duncan, SC operations. The SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST is responsible for the supply chain concept planning and implementation, including desired economic realization for parts/production supporting this particular facility. Job keys include development of packaging concepts/costs, space calculation, and line-side replenishment.
IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!
Responsibilities for the Logistics Coordinator
- Planning, coordination and implementation of concepts for logistics-, material- and information flows for sub-assembly operations by considering the principles of lean production
- Supports the planning and procurement of logistical plant equipment
- Oversight of logistical supplier development within the region to include organization and conducting of logistics audits at suppliers
- Executes packaging analysis and development for returnable and one-way packaging
Requirements for the Logistics Coordinator
- Bachelor or master degree in a technical field of study
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a logistic or project management related background with an understanding of inbound/intra logistics concepts and practices.
- Solid PC skills: Proficient computer skills / experience in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- The company provides a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to health care, savings plan, insurance, and relocation assistance