Permanent position: Well established industrial equipment manufacturer in the Kalamazoo, MI area is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to plan and design tools, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment. Sign on bonus or mobilization funds available for qualified candidates Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- CAD design experience required; AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Tool or Fixture design experience
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Great comprehensive company benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Sign on bonus or mobilization funds available for qualified candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.