Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for an Assembly Manufacturing Engineer in the East Moline, IL area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Provide manufacturing production line support. This includes trouble shooting of equipment, working with production employees, working with a Lead Manufacturing Engineer, as well as other cross-functional teams.
- Work in SAP environment. Work closely with OFP Lead ME's, operations, quality engineering, and the wage work force. Participate in the Continuous Improvement (CI) Grow process which drives quality, ergonomic, and safety projects.
- Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing through the company Production System. Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of SERA or safety measurement. Knowledge of the Continuous Improvement process. Strong understanding of NCCA (corrective action), and process capability studies.