Permanent position: Manufacturing Engineer Manager - Northwest Chicago area. Leading manufacturer hiring a Manufacturing Engineer Manager to partner with technical staff to define process and product improvement. You will manage Engineering and CAD Operator Staff as well as technicians and supervisors on production process and product decisions. Permanent, direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer Manager
- Oversee the manufacturing engineering activities which cover development and implementation of manufacturing processes.
- Maintain product functionality, quality and cost efficiency.
- Provide process control, product design, product lifecycle management, material workflow, people utilization, schedule and capacity planning.
- Responsible for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), master item Bill of Materials (BOMs), routings and tools.
- BS Engineering or related technical field.
- 5+ years experience working in manufacturing or heavy industry.
- Drafting and CAD skills.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Tools, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and Root-Cause Analysis experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams as a leader and as a member.
- Ability to communicate and influence engineering driven change.
- Project management experience.
- Full benefits, relocation, 401(k) and bonus.