Contract position: A utility holding company is looking for a Designer in the Ashland, WI area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Design gas and electric services and projects as directed.
- Creates, updates and revises sketches, working drawings and contract documents using Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software or manual means of drafting to meet customer requirements. Prepares 2D and 3D models. Must be able to read and comprehend detailed customer requirements, data sheets and supplier specifications.
- Assignments will be completed utilizing information provided by project engineering, architectural, or technical services staff under the direction of a supervisor. Requires familiarity with drafting techniques and engineering concepts and terminology.
- Able to read engineering drawing and blueprints. Prepares documentation to support design drawings. Prepare bills of material, schedules, and assist engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues.
- Experience in a similar role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.