Permanent position: Multi-national maker of automotive parts seeks a PLANNER / SCHEDULER for its manufacturing operations located in SPARTANBURG, SC. The PLANNER / SCHEDULER handles procurement of components and raw materials from global supply base to support a JIT inventory strategy via MRP/EDI releases utilizing integrated ERP systems. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!Responsibilities for the Planner Scheduler
Requirements for the Planner Scheduler
- Establish and maintain positive customer/vendor relationships
- Analyze DOH, MRP settings, supplier MOQ/lot sizes, packaging, delivery frequencies and terms needed to decrease inventory levels and increase cash flow.
- Generates and submits supplier weekly releases in a timely manner.
- Track inbound freight, root cause, and corrective action if necessary
- Minimum AS Degree, AND / OR equivalent experience in automotive industry planning / scheduling
- Demonstrated experience using MRP / EDI systems
- Basic understanding of inventory cycle, shelf life, and inventory turns
- New launch experience highly desired
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance