One of the leading custom automation equipment manufacturing company is looking for a "Application Engineer". This is a direct hire and a remote position. The candidate will mainly work in southeast MI area.The ideal candidate will have engineering degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, primarily in support of design and development of factory automation systems. Also having experience in preparing and writing innovative detailed proposals for potential customers, working from general automation ideas and concepts. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please apply immediately.
Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- Conceptual development, pricing and writing detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects
- Assist engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications. Involve third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.
- Obtain and prepare detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.
- Travel to the customer's site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards
- 25-30% travel
- 5 to 7 years experience in mechanical or electrical engineering support, preferably in an automative and or capital equipment environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of robotics, machine controls and manufacturing processes and be able to keep abreast of leading-edge technology.
- Extensive use of 2D and 3D design tools including AutoCAD, Solid Works (Solid Modeling), Pro-E and other tools, as well as spreadsheets.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
<Benefits for the Application Engineer
- Company sponsored benefits-medical,dental,vision,short-long term disabilities, 401k matching.