Permanent position: Buyer at a highly regarded Electrical manufacturing facility located near St. Louis, MO. This position is responsible to manage assigned commodities and supply base to meet objectives in the most efficient manner to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste. B.S. Degree is required and at least five (5) years of experience purchasing electronics; preferably items on a printed circuit board to be considered. This position has excellent growth and development potential. This is a direct hire opportunity with the option for relocation assistance for regional based candidates.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Review assigned commodities for material budget
- Recommend and maintain supplier relationships to meet corporate objectives.
- Negotiate contracts to meet corporate objectives.
- Manage supply base to meet corporate objectives to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste
- Maintain database to ensure data is correct for components and supplier information.
- Ensure availability of materials to meet production schedules
- Coordinate and negotiate all issues related to supplier quality, delivery, cost, turns, and multiple sourcing.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or other related field
- Must have experience purchasing electronics (preferably items on a printed circuit board)
- Five or more years experience as a Buyer - preferably in manufacturing
- Must have contract negotiation experience with suppliers
- Full benefits package
- Excellent growth and development potential
- Relocation assistance