Permanent position: A prominent Engineering Services company in the Grand Rapids, MI area needs a Controls Engineer. The position is responsible for programming and installing new automated systems. The company specializes in machine tool automation and process controls. The Controls Engineer should have Allen Bradley PLC programming and troubleshooting experience, and design experience in AutoCAD. The candidate should be open to travel. This is a full time position with a excellent benefits and bonus package. The company will pay relocation expenses for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Provide support for onsite installation of equipment at customer's facility
- Design and program PLC, HMI, robots and other types of electronic or electrical manufacturing equipment.
- Provide support for controls issues and assist in and occasionally lead in the trouble shooting of malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Ability to read and interpret, work instructions, blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to create or modify electrical schematics using Auto CAD.
- Ability to maintain a good relationship between the company and customer
- Experience and understanding of the automation industry
- Ability to manage onsite installation of equipment at the customer's facility