Permanent position: Our client in Southeast Michigan is looking for a Safety Engineer to start immediately, must have prior manufacturing plant experience. Will report to the EH&S Manager and be responsible to plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions and achieve zero injuries.Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- Identifies and corrects potential hazards, utilizing incident reports and inspecting facilities, machinery, andsafety equipment on a continuous basis.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms and ensures compliance with safetyregulations.
- Investigates industrial accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares corrective action plans to prevent orcorrect unsafe environmental working conditions.
- Determines requirements for safety clothing and devices, and designs, builds, and installs, or directs installationof safety devices on machinery.
- Examines plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions havebeen included and that they meet Federal and State Osha regulations.
- Reviews employee safety programs and recommend improvements were needed.
- Coordinate written programs to meet corporate and MIOSHA health & safety requirements.
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis (JSA), implements solutions to mitigate and resolve repetitive motion risk andimprove work station design.
- Help develop and present training materials to ensure compliance on State and Federal required programs andcertifications such as Forklift, Crane, Respirator, Lock out Tag out, Hazard Communication, RCRA, etc.
- BS in Safety Engineering, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Manufacturing Engineer
- 3-5 years' experience as a Safety Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to interpret governmental/statutory regulations, policies and procedures and execute accordingly to ensure compliance.
- Strong Company benefits offered!