Permanent position: A food manufacturer in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 3 plus years experience in a quality supervisor role, be research focused, process driven, and have experience in Food science, Animal Science or a related field. Candidates must have 3+ years in a supervisory role and have experience with food manufacturing.
Please apply today. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Client will not support the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Responsibilities for the Quality Supervisor
Requirements for the Quality Supervisor
- Performs SQF and GMP audits
- Develops Quality procedures for each process and trains employees.
- Ensures all GMP and Food safety procedures are followed by monitoring and maintaining regulatory programs like HACCP, SSOPs and SPS.
- Main point of contact for all USDA approvals.
- Works closely with new product development group on testing, and will work with production during the testing and development phase.
- Bachelor's Degree with a preference given to a focus in Food Science, Animal Science, or a related field.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in Quality with 3 being in a supervisory role.
- Completed HACCP training, accredited by the international Meat and Poultry HACCP Alliance is highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in utilizing an ERP system and Microsoft Suites.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k + matching, and Tuition Reimbursement.