Permanent position: Immediate need for strong Process Engineer with automotive industry experience. We are looking for a hands-on engineer to provide to provide Technical Assistance and Support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Maintenance, in order to resolve Manufacturing Issues by way of lean concepts, problem solving and implementing fixes to drive Continuous Process Improvements. Relocation package provided for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- To become the Process Expert. Primary contact for Manufacturing, regarding equipment and process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime, safety and production of nonconforming product.
- Continuous Improvement Driver. Improve profitability and efficiencies of Value Stream, through implementation of process improvements, affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma (LSS) Manufacturing techniques such as 6S, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and Error-proofing.
- Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing. Develop Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA's) to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering, and quality to setup SPC files for new products/processes or executes changes to existing ones.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements and externally with customers/suppliers.
- 4 year technical degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial engineering.) Two year technical degree will be considered with the right experience.
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards.
- A working knowledge of the Automotive Production Quality Planning (APQP) process and requirements for automotive Part Production Approval Process (PPAP.)
- Knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) doctrines
- Minimum 3 years experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize.
- Well versed in MS Office and CAD software and applications
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401K with company match
- Relocation package if needed.