Contract position: A medical devices and equipment manufacturing company is looking for a Quality Engineer in the Salt Lake City, UT area. This is a 6 month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Provide quality engineering support and direction in quality assurance, control and preventative activities within operations and other business functions, with a focus on preventative measures and continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Work closely with operations and the business functions to ensure quality performance of product and processes. Oversight and approval of NC & CAPA, activist and mentor in problem solving and root causing activities.
- Review and approval of change management activities. Maintain KPI for monitoring of process quality, perform analysis and interpret trends, take action as necessary. Support execution and analysis of QATs. Advocate for Human Factor practices.
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Proficient in the science of Human Factor identification and mitigation. Proficient in risk management practices and tools, having high expertise in process risk.
- Proficiency in and makes continuous strides towards optimization of inspection methods and sampling.