Contract position: A manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the Corning, NY area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Detail design of equipment, machines, related hardware, and fixtures. This work supports early stage development programs, and on occasion may support manufacturing sites.
- Take concepts to the next step with 3D CAD models, drawings, and work with vendors to get parts made. Be proficient in material selection, machine shop practices, GD&T, fastener selection, and similar mechanical design areas.
- Occasionally may participate in design reviews, and participate in the assembly and debug and testing of designed hardware.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline. At least 8 years of work experience with CAD tools.
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office tools. Experience with Equipment/Machine Design.