Supplier Quality Engineer
Permanent position: Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a Tier 1 automotive client located in the Plymouth area. This is a direct hire role. Salary will be based on experience.
Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Supplier quality management for a broad variety of Mechanical, Machined, Casting and forging commodities.
- Assure quality aspects are considered in all design phases whether design is developed internally or externally. Application of advanced product quality planning into all phases of proposals, development, procurement and receipt/ field implementation for GDI & ECFD parts suppliers
- Review and approve subsystems technical definition, validation planning and test results working with Design engineer. Drives performance and continuous improvement management and collaborates in supplier development programs.
- Define and conduct production part approval process (PPAP) for all GDI & ECFD parts. Lead problem solving efforts in a technical, interdisciplinary approach
- Coordinates the qualification and approval of suppliers, in cooperation with purchasing, and plans and executes Supplier Audits including follow up of audit measures.
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering--Quality or related career field
- ASQ CQE level certification is helpful
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of automotive OEM structure (Ford, Honda, GM, Nissan and others)
- 5 or more years' experience in Quality Engineering and/or Design/Product Development Engineering in the automotive industry
- ISO/TS 16949 working knowledge/experience
- Proficient in standard MS office PC/software applications. Knowledge of ERP Plex (a plus)