Vice President of Engineering
Permanent position: Established and leading manufacturer is looking to hire a VP of Engineering. This role will be located in the Toledo, Ohio area. Excellent relocation package is available for candidates willing to relocate to the Toledo area.
The VP of Engineering will report to the CEO and manage the manufacturing support and applied research/product development functions. The ideal candidate will possess a very strong track record managing manufacturing engineering teams and product development/applied research, strong leaderships skills, strategic leadership, excellent business acumen and building a technical roadmap.
This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $200k to $280k plus a very attractive bonus plan and LTIP (Long Term Incentive Plan) as well.
Excellent relocation package is also available.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Responsibilities for the Vice President of Engineering
- Experience serving on the ELT (executive leadership team), developing operating plans and strategic objectives
- Determine overall organizational structure and allocations of managerial responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to others in solving complex problems
- Lead, coach and mentor global engineering team and establish long-term performance goals and standard for the global engineering function
- Responsible for the scientific and career growth of employees
- Function as CapEx review committee member
- Responsible for the capacity planning for serve as New Product Development stage gate technical advisor
- Lead the transformation of the company's technical capability process
- Review and approve major projects
- Monitor projects and initiatives to ensure that they are executed on track, within budget and that appropriate testing and other risk, governance oversight and controls are being performed
- Provide technical direction education to the Executive Leadership Team, including guidance and hands-on project management, as appropriate
Requirements for the Vice President of Engineering
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is required
- Masters in Electrical or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Material Science is preferred
- Engineering experience including management experience at the Sr. Director or VP of Engineering level
- Self motivated, strong in building relationships, team player and dynamic leader
- Strong business acumen, required to operate at the executive level
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management
- Ability to drive innovation
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $200k to $280k plus an excellent bonus opportunity and LTIP (Long Term Incentive Plan) opportunity
- Outstanding relocation package is also available for candidates willing to relocate to the Toledo, Ohio area