Contract position: A leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise is currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer in the Lake Buena Vista, FL area. This is an 18-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available. Responsibilities for the Fire Protection Engineer
Requirements for the Fire Protection Engineer
- Provide subject matter expertise in the following areas: fire protection, life safety, building and fire codes, fire hazard, and risk assessment of materials and processes.
- Field engineering support; technical input for inspection, testing, and maintenance; codes analysis; design and specifications.
- Design systems including calculations, drawings, and submittals. Review system designs developed by project design teams for accuracy, compliance with company standards and guiding principles, quality, and completeness.
- Bachelor's degree in Fire Protection Engineering or related field. Professional Engineer License. Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- 5+ years' experience in the design and construction of fire protection systems and/or fire protection consulting. Full awareness and working knowledge of Building and Fire Codes and NFPA Codes and Standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.