Fire Protection Engineer
Contract position: A leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise is currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer in the Lake Buena Vista, FL area. This is an 18-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.
Responsibilities for the Fire Protection Engineer
- Provide subject matter expertise in the following areas: fire protection, life safety, building and fire codes, fire hazard, and risk assessment of materials and processes.
- Field engineering support; technical input for inspection, testing, and maintenance; codes analysis; design and specifications.
- Design systems including calculations, drawings, and submittals. Review system designs developed by project design teams for accuracy, compliance with company standards and guiding principles, quality, and completeness.
Requirements for the Fire Protection Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Fire Protection Engineering or related field. Professional Engineer License. Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- 5+ years' experience in the design and construction of fire protection systems and/or fire protection consulting. Full awareness and working knowledge of Building and Fire Codes and NFPA Codes and Standards.