Contract position: We are searching for a Chemist to work in Midtown Atlanta, GA. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer based on performance.
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
- Support foreign material analysis performing sample preparation (filtering staging) while maintaining cleanliness and final analysis.
- Performs complex chemical analysis on raw ingredients intermediates beverage parts final products auxiliary materials and water.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Conduct inspection of the laboratory or laboratory procedures to ensure conformance to internal or external certification requirements and correct or eliminate process-related non-conformance items.
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Bachelor's Degree in Science field (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, etc)
- Advanced analytical chemistry experience and the ability to integrate analytical chemistry techniques (e.g. GC, GC/MS and MS) to a broad range of problems.
- Previous experience working in a food/beverage manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Contractor benefits: Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.