Permanent position: Field Controls Engineer opportunity with a client located in the Detroit, MI area. Client is looking for someone with strong Siemens PLC S7 experience to provide customer assistance for installation, programming, and modifying CNC applications for lathes and deep rolling machines. Approximately 30% travel across North America will be required. Relocation is available on a case by case basis.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Support engineers and designers to configure multi-axis machine tools to customer applications,
- Provide assistance ensuring customer satisfaction and maximum uptime by installing, programming, modifying CNC applications
- Assist with maintaining equipment functionality, troubleshooting, repairing hardware and software related problems for lathes and deep rolling machines.
- Design and implement industrial automation controls systems for retrofit onexisting machine tools.
- Perform simulations and debug controllers prior to installation of machines at client sites
- Identify individual components of the equipment based on drawings, schematics, diagrams, bills of material, etc.
- Assist in the installation and start-up of the equipment
- Other duties as required
- BSEE degree (Master's degree is a plus)
- Approximately 5 or more years demonstrated Siemens S7 PLC experience
- AutoCAD (Solid Works,ePlan, etc) required for controls design, design modifications and updates, and CNC applications.
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% as needed in North America
- Ability to desig Feedback Control Systems.
- CNC experience preferred (but not required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.