Field Service Technician
Permanent position: Field Customer Service Technician non-exempt opportunity with a client located in the Detroit, MI area for someone with experience in the support of CNC turning machining centers. This position will require approximately 80% travel working with new and existing customer CNC machining centers from installation and start up, retrofits, and maintenance and service tasks. Overtime is typically available and relocation assistance will be provided on a case by case basis
Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
- Install and/or assist in the installation of CNC lathes and deep rolling machines
- Start-up and/or assist in the start-up of the equipment.
- Adapt/modify and/or assist in the adaptation/modification of the equipment.
- Train/advise customer personnel (operator, maintenance, supervisor, etc.) in theoperation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Trouble-shoot/repair and/or assist in the trouble-shoot/repair of the equipment.
- Perform and/or assist in the performance of improvements, upgrades, rebuilds, etc.
- Checking and setting the machine geometry
- Other duties as typical and required
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- Demonstrated experience as a customer service technician for CNC machines
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 80% to customer sites in North America.
- Strong mechanical knowledge, electrotechnical or manufacturingbackground desired
- Analytical, customer-oriented thinking and conceptual strength