Contract position: An American multinational biotechnology product development company who is a leader in genetic testing and precision laboratory equipment markets is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in the Asheville, NC. This is an 5-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Lead or participate in projects to evaluate product quality, cost, and throughput from Product Design Engineering and configure it for the production process.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR's). Create 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for designs of new and existing products.
- Update management on a regular basis on project status. Identify what is falling behind and what assistance is needed from management to move process forward.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, or Materials Science.
- Experience in a technical manufacturing environment. Experience with regulated environment -including UL, CSA and FDA.
- Exposure to Design for Manufacture and Design for AssemblyDemonstrated understanding of Engineering Change Notices and Bills of Materials.