Contract position: Procurement role for someone with experience working on medium to large size industrial projects. Located Southwest of the Chicago, IL area this position will be responsible to drive procurement activities for medium and large CapEx projects throughout initiation, study phase, pre-project phase, detailed engineering and execution phase.
Responsibilities for the Contracts Manager
Requirements for the Contracts Manager
- Full life cycle management of procurement activities for CapEx projects (up to 30 Million)
- Take an early and active role in the budgeting estimation process as well as provide recommendation for project delivery models
- Actively participate within the project team to find the best solutions taking concepts such as Total Cost of Ownership and Landed cost into account as well as different constraints and requirements.
- Provide detailed knowledge of the market and supplier alternatives to theprojects
- Lead negotiations for medium and large projects and set up project specific contracts with suppliers
- Manage supplier related risks within the project
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor degree, Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred
- Approximately 7 or more years procurement and project management experience
- Experience working on medium to large size industrial projects (International experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of different project phases and key deliverables