Permanent position: Join a growing company! Seeking a Principal Systems Engineer, Electrics, Mechatronics & Support Systems [R&D] for a global provider of large tractors, container & load-handling equipment and services. The position is located in South of Kansas City, KS. Ideal candidate will have experience with both Low Voltage (wire harnesses, simple CAN communication) and High Voltage (480 AC, Battery for Terminal Tractor, Hybrids). This is NOT a power utility grid. This role will eventually support to Software and Automation. BS EE required. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- Develop electrical, controls and mechatronic designs for Terminal Tractor product line. Prior experience working within a truck-tractor or mobile equipment industry is preferred.
- Develop components and systems by define specifications in co-operation with Chief Engineers and responsible R&D Manager.
- Contact responsibility for service, production and supplier issues.
- Purchasing components for test and evaluation
- Initiate and order testing for verification and evaluation of a design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 2+ years experience in electrical/electronic controls/systems in the mobile equipment industry.
- Understanding of vehicle network behavior, electrical network controls, and potential design problems , e.g. loading, latency, fault tolerance, quality of service.
- Experience with both Low Voltage (wire harnesses, simple CAN communication) and High Voltage (480 AC, Battery for Terminal Tractor, Hybrids).
- Competitive compensation and fantastic best-in-class benefits packages, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans with paid vacation and nine paid holidays.
- Relocation assistance is available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.