Permanent position: Join a growing company! A global supplier of container & load-handling equipment and services, is seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineer for their R&D group South of Kansas City, KS. This position focuses on the components of the systems and interior design of tractors, fork lifts or large equipment. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience with Plastic Components, vehicle interiors. BS Plastics Engineering, and a BS in Mechanical Engineering with vehicle interior experience.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
- Develop components and systems by define specifications in co-operation with Chief Engineers and responsible R&D Manager.
- Contact responsibility for service, production and supplier issues.
- Check and approve purchase drawings regarding standards.
- Purchasing components for test and evaluation.
- Initiate and order testing for verification and evaluation of a design.
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- BS in Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with vehicle interior experience.
- Must have experience with Plastic Components
- Must have experience with vehicle interiors
- Experience of product development activities is needed.
- BS plastics experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation and fantastic best-in-class benefits packages, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans with paid vacation and nine paid holidays.
- Relocation assistance is available