Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer located near Hickory, NC at an innovative injection molding manufacturer of products and component parts for a wide variety of industries. Responsible for determining new equipment needs including designing and sourcing post-mold secondary equipment and fixtures for new and existing projects. Must have BS Degree in Engineering and at least four (4) years of experience determining equipment needs in a manufacturing environment. This is a direct hire opportunity and relocation assistance would be provided for the ideal candidate.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Determine new equipment needs including designing and sourcing post-mold secondary equipment and fixtures
- Design, research, source and assist in procurement and installation of equipment.
- Provide the quotations for post-mold new equipment
- Perform work cell design using lean principles
- Prepare engineering drawings (including 2D and 3D) related to equipment and systems
- Develop PM programs for equipment including identifying necessary spare parts
- Design equipment to match or exceed expected quality and quoted cycle time
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering is coveted)
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience determining equipment needs in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with plastics and injection molding equipment is ideal
- Experience preparing engineering drawings (including 2D and 3D)
- Competitive pay and bonus potential
- Excellent full benefits package
- Relocation assistance
- PTO / Vacation plan