Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer at a world-wide leading manufacturing organization located near Madison, GA. The candidate is responsible to provide technical expertise in relation to the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of sophisticated electro-mechanical equipment. The ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with mechanical and capital project experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Bonus potential and relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Coordinate and manage mechanical engineering projects and track costs, schedules and work completion for each of the tasks associated
- Develop and Implement programs that will improve the reliability of the equipment and processes at the plant
- Facilitation of reliability projects & events to help build teamwork and increase problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- Investigation of critical equipment failures to discover root causes and eliminate repetitive failure modes.
- Continuous improvement of engineering and refractory designs to extend equipment life.
- Work with members of the plant to correct and document engineering drawings, equipment documentation, and production procedures
- Management and/or improvement of plant documentation and drawings to keep things up to date and properly filed.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related (BSME is highly preferred)
- Must have a mimimum of 5 years mechanical engineering or project based experience within a heavy industrial environment
- Must have Capital Project experience to be considered (Capacity/Volumes/CAPEX Budget)
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience using vibration analysis techniques is a plus
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Experience within an aluminum, metal, steel or similar environment is a plus
- Bonus potential and relocation assistance
- Excellent benefits package
- Salary is commensurate with experience