Permanent position: Major manufacturing organizations near Winston-Salem, NC is seeking a Process Engineer to help plan, direct and coordinate work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Works in Lamination Department as Process Engineer for Press Area, and supports the Paper Saturation/Impregnation area.
- Concentrates on press operation, press plates, camera/vision systems and other manufacturing equipment.
- Defines, modifies, establishes documents, procedures and specifications, and performs training as needed.
- Ensures equipment optimization within the production process. Analyzes daily progress of overall equipment effectiveness and takes corrective action to minimize equipment downtime and maximize equipment performance.
- BS degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant field, OR significant experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts.
- Exposure to automated manufacturing environments.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with team-based lean six sigma techniques (Kaizen, 5-S, 5 Why's, SMED, DOE, etc.)
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.