Contract position: Immediate 6+ month contract opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer at a global Manufacturing company in the Plano, TX area. Candidates should have 8+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, with 5+ years of experience in packaging engineering. No relocation assistance offered for this role.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Responsible for the development of packaging standards and benchmarks throughout the Building Efficiency organization.
- Provides frequent, close direction to manufacturing and distribution management, internal facility personnel and to third party service providers on the proper packaging and handling of Building Efficiencies products.
- Drives ongoing cost reduction/containment and damage reduction activity to ensure competitive cost position.
- Researches and evaluates alternative packaging, racking, and other technologies to improve the safety, performance, and pack density of company's products.
- Aligns closely with product development process to design products that consider logistics constraints and opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Eight years of experience with a minimum of five years of packaging engineering experience in a custom manufacturing environment with small to large bulky equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of ISTA (International Safety Transit Authority) package performance test methods and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access), and capability to learn and use company-specific business information systems relevant to the position.
- Contractor benefits offered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.