Electrical Design Engineer
Permanent position: Our client, a well-established MEP Engineering firm near Monterey Park, CA, is currently seeking candidate for an open Electrical Engineer position. This position will involve the electrical engineering and design of commercial, educational, and mixed-use projects, including the power & lighting, fire protection, CCTV, and building access systems.
Ideal candidates will have a BSEE, 3+ years experience in electrical engineering and design of commercial buildings, prior experience performing Title 24 calculations, and proficiency designing with AutoCAD and Revit.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Collaborates with engineers and other engineering discipline to ensure quality of design.
- Perform Title 24 calculations.
- Prepares layout and design of electrical systems for commercial, institutional and educational projects.
- Conducts interdisciplinary reviews and provides coordination of data to ensure a compatible design.
- Utilizes AUTOCAD to prepare 2D drawings.
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Minimum of a BS degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design of electrical power, lighting, fire alarm systems.
- Experience working on commercial, mixed use, and educational projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & AutoDesk Revit
- Comprehensive benefit package which includes: bonus twice a year, medical, dental, disability, life, 401(k) plan and more.
- 4 1/2 day work weeks.
- Flex Time