Contract position: Large utility located in the Central US area has immediate need for a Project Scheduler III in Jackson MI. MS Project Experience is a must! This is a contract position expected to last 12 months. Great contractor benefits. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
- Assist to set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project contract requirements as scheduled
- Log project time-lines and maintain P6 database of tasks and its status. Log all new information into P6 database and provide scheduled reports for contract coordination and reporting purposes.
- Interact with project staff & project stakeholders to schedule work and coordinate assignments. Design and develop project schedules. Interact with project teams and contractors to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules and identification of variances from original plan
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend alternative work paths
- Develop and update weekly schedule working with superintendents and field engineers and project managers
- Project Scheduler needs at least a High School Education but candidates with Associate's Degree's, Bachelor's degree's or Master's Degree's will be factored into the selection
- 2+ years experience managing large scale construction projects
- MS Project experience
- Must understand how to operate in a P6 environment including knowledge in layouts, activity codes, resources, group & sort and reporting.
- PMP or other PMI certificaiton would be benefical but not required.
- Knowledge of Schedule Quality practices in regards to P6 schedules would be benefical but not required
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.