We have an immediate need for an Estimator. This position will primarily work on negotiated industrial projects within our core markets and work closely with architects, engineers, owners, and subcontractors. Preferred candidates would have 5-8 years of industrial construction experience. Please apply today if you are local or within a commutable distance to Metro Atlanta!
Responsibilities for the Estimator
- Coordinate the project from the first estimate all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
- Contact subcontractors and suppliers requesting quotes to successfully bid a project.
- Confer with field operations on project requirements, productions, job restrictions, staffing, competitive advantages, subcontractor experience, etc. when possible.
- Perform conceptual electrical estimates based on limited drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate estimates with other building disciplines, i.e., electrical, mechanical and plumbing.
- Thorough understanding of industrial construction systems, means, and methods.
Requirements for the Estimator
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture.
- Minimum 5-8 years of industrial construction or manufacturing estimating experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, estimating software (WinEst, Timberline or similar), take-off software (On-Screen Takeoff or similar).
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing plant construction.
- Successful "award" track record of Bid/Build and Design/Build projects.