Permanent position: International maker of automotive parts seeks a QUALITY ENGINEER for its manufacturing operations located just south of OXFORD, MS. The QUALITY ENGINEER drives quality improvement efforts in assigned areas with the goal of achieving "zero defect" performance, and supports process improvements with the focus on improving product quality. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A FORTUNE 500 ORGANIZATION!
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Oversees integrity of product quality for assigned areas through participation as integral part of manufacturing team.
- Through the application of APQP, supports the external customers in New Product Introduction.
- Responsible for area performance measures and individual employee work performance; provide coaching and direction to employees
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering/Technology
- 5 years Manufacturing Engineering / Quality Assurance experience in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of QS-9000 and TS16949 automotive quality standards required
- The company provides a competitive salary and benefits package to include relocation assistance.