Permanent position: Exciting small space manufacturing company in Long Beach is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with a tooling background to start right away!
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Manage the design, build and delivery of production and R&D tooling
- Work with engineers, operators and quality to optimize manufacturability and affordability.
- Interpret technical documents from engineering and execute the most effective sequence andmethods of manufacture.
- Create, revise, and maintain planning documents to produce tooling which conform to designconfiguration and specifications.
- Create cost estimates for requested and continually seek manufacturability and affordabilityimprovements.
- Provide project management to ensure work plan execution for both internal and outsourcedbuilds, beginning from releasing work orders through delivery to customer - first right time, ontimeand at or below budget.
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant Engineeringdiscipline plus minimum of three (3) years on the job mechanical design experience.
- High school diploma or GED with 7+ years of role related experience may be substituted for above formal education. Practical machine shop, fabrication and tooling training or apprenticeship and advantage.
- Highly competent in mechanical component and/or tooling design (3D CAD-based) with leading CAD software. Creo/ProE an advantage
- Full Medical Benefits, Plus 401k plus match, and much more!