Contract position: A multinational automotive corporation is currently seeking a Senior Buyer in the Gastonia, NC area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Maintain supplier pricing files, purchasing contracts, and internal communication systems to ensure pricing is correctly documented.
- Manage daily administrative requirements for successful team metrics, including contract requisitions, competitive part quotations, price discrepancies, and related tasks.
- Support negotiations and renew supplier contracts to purchase critical materials, parts, components, and tooling.
Requirements for the Buyer
- Bachelor's Degree or an associate's degree with 1 year of related experience. Experience with Globus, Paragon, and P-View preferred.
- Familiar with business and economic issues, cost structures and contracts preferred. Experience working with MRP systems to understand requirements and initiate work orders / purchase orders required.