Contract position: Jr Electrical Engineer for immediate contract consideration southeast Massachusetts area for Medical Device organization. The right candidate will be responsible for all phases of the product DEVELOPMENT cycle including: specifications development, architecture and technology selection, risk assessment, design feasibility, detail design and design verification for devices, such as medication infusion pumps, patient and in-vitro diagnostic systems and medical robotic systems. Candidate will also need a working knowledge of electrical development for manufacturing and well as experience in programmable logic. Must have product development experience along with advanced degree MSEE preferred. Bring your medical expertise and join a great team.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
- Coordinate directly between Design/Development (hardware and software), Quality andManufacturing teams to understand, correct, and eliminate complex electronics failure modes.
- Determine root causes of internal and external product failures and develop action plans.
- Perform inspection and characterization testing of electronics system hardware as well as conduct analysis of configuration and operating data associated with the electronics function.
- Design electrical test methods and fixtures
- Generate design documentation using OrCAD EDA tools for drawings.
- Work closely with R&D, manufacturing and quality to coordinate enhancements to productmanufacturing
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- BSEE (MSEE pref) along with Product DEVELOPMENT experience either during internships or other
- Design knowledge in embedded controls and hardware logic design with significantdigital circuitry such as communications, memory, and I/O
- Ability to understand complex designs and failure modes with software/hardwareinteractions
- Exp developing electronic systems along with experience in design of electronics based systems, including schematics, circuit simulation, PCB layout, testing, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with programmable logic, VHDL and with logic analyzer and DSO test tools
- Must have knowledge with engineering CAD software such as Orcad
- Experience in design for manufacturing of assemblies involving small pitch and BGA circuitpackages.
- A working understanding of FDA QRS or ISO-13485 principles and UL or IEC 60601 electrical safety and EMC standards and principles.