Permanent position: MEP Engineering firm based in Downtown Los Angeles looking for a permanent Electrical Engineer. This engineer will work closely with clients, architects and firm engineers. Engineer will produce coordinated detailed design drawings, electronic models, specifications written reports and schedules. Candidate will also coordinate with utility companies and obtain necessary electrical permit approvals from plan check. Local Candidates only.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
- Act as Job Leader- Managing workload of Project Discipline Engineers & Technicians.
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditures.
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances.
- Organize technical and financial proposals for new work.
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- 7 + years experience in electrical design of building services and construction industry.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Chartered Membership of a professional institution.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the California Electrical Code and Title 24.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and lighting design software such as AGI or DIALux