Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a manufacturer of high precision, high performance electro-mechanical products serving a variety of industries. In this role you will be responsible executing the company quality strategy with a focus on creating and maintaining quality system policies, driving continuous improvement and leading supplier development.
Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Perform various quality functions to ensure compliance and performance excellence with customer, supplier and system requirements
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and suppliers to proactively assure their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes compliance management and the implementation of the corresponding corrective / preventive actions.
- Manage quality issues by leading implementation and execution of the problem-solving process, SCARs and NCRs to identify and prioritize problems, identify root causes and implement effective and sustainable countermeasures and ensure sustainment. Includes direct liaison with suppliers to ensure problem resolution timelines are met and ownership of problem resolution.
- Conduct NCM trend analysis activities relative to supplied parts and facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery requirements resulting from the need to contain, segregate, or handle non-conforming parts.
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- 3- 5 plus years' experience
- A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic planning and project management
- Familiar with AS9100 or ISO 9001
- Certified Lead Auditor preferred
<Benefits for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Full benefits package available