Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Supply Management Specialist in the East Moline, IL area. This is a 2-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Lead and/or support the negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers resulting in an implementation strategy and a documented agreement, ensuring the Company meets its overall goals for cost, quality, continuity of supply, etc
- Execute Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cost reduction activities, analyze quotations, and make supplier selection based on criteria such as quality, cost, process capability, lead time, and supplier stability.
- Drive continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the supply base utilizing the Achieving Excellence process/criteria and other appropriate supply management tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a Supply Management discipline or in a Business/Management discipline. Experience in part design/validation processes.
- At least 2 years of experience in specific areas of Supply Management such as: supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, factory supply management, cost management, scheduling, forecasting, logistics.