Contract position: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm near Tampa, FL. Projected 6+ month assignment. Need ASEE/prefer BSEE and 5+ years experience with equipment electrical, electronics, equipment controls, and systems. Local candidates.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Oversee and contribute to the design and development of products related to the HVAC industry including electrical, electronic and control equipment and components relating to new products, value engineering and continuous improvement.
- Implement new motor, controls, and electronics technologies. Define and/or interpret electrical wiring and control requirements for products.
- Lead and implement new power or control technology and create and lead engineering change based projects and support manufacturing issues as they arise.
- Support software development for electrical, electronic, and control components, equipment, systems, and sub-systems order entry engines and automatic design engines. Create rules and logic for unit configurations and bill of material generation.
- Prefer Bachelor Degree in Electrical OR Controls OR Electrical Technology (EET), otherwise will consider similar AS Degree with compensating experience. Knowledge of electrical theory, design, and application
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Manufacturing electrical support, Bill of material structures and databases, and engineering change management. High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to create electrical wiring requirements, interpret drawings, diagrams and blueprints and Ability to obtain and interpret datasheets for electrical and control components
- Experience creating schematics with AutoCAD (Skill and knowledge in use of two-dimensional AutoCAD for electrical and controls drafting.) Design for manufacturability concept knowledge and application with emphasis on electrical wiring
- Familiarity with electrical codes such as NEC and UL 1995, specifically as they apply to equipment wiring. A PLUS to have 2 years experience in HVAC or closely related field. A PLUS to have track record of successful product design.
- Salary in range shown based on extent of experience and qualifications
- Contractor benefits
- Exposure at a top manufacturing firm
- Local candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.