Permanent position: South Milwaukee Metals company specializing in jet-engine forgings is looking for a 2nd Shift Forge Shop Supervisor. Candidates would be expected to Supervise production crews in the forging of metal components. Responsible for correct techniques, methods, sequence, and safety of operations, to insure a quality product at a competitive cost.Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor
Requirements for the Production Supervisor
- Supervise production crews in the forging of metal components. Responsible for correct techniques, methods, sequence, and safety of operations, to insure a quality product at a competitive cost.
- Preplan jobs and coordinate Forge Shop scheduling with Production Control, Steel Stores, Die Room, and Processing to assure that stock, tooling, manpower, and equipment are available for production. Organizes and assigns work to employees utilizing managerial skills such as human relations and knowledge of equipment and employee capabilities.
- Determine manpower requirements of jobs, assigns early starters, sequences jobs, and reports crews, manpower changes, downtime and piece counts to Timekeeping to assure prompt start of units, and provide required production data for payroll and operating system accuracy.
- Experience in metals manufacturing, preferably in forging metal components.
- Three or more years of supervision experience.
- Experience working in a union environment helpful but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.