Permanent position: Technical Advisor opportunity with a well established firm near Knoxville, TN. Candidates need 3 years of experience with automated equipment installation, upgrades, or improvements, preferably related to the automotive industry. Travel regionally 20%. Relocation assistance.
Responsibilities for the Technical Advisor
Requirements for the Technical Advisor
- Serve as Technical Advisor to New and existing customers advising on automation and PLC applications.
- Prepare written reports, technical specifications, and material specifications for machine improvement, maintenance, and kaizen programs associated with various customer projects and facilities.
- Serve as project manager on simple to complex projects, including defining project scope, selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts, amendments and change orders. Prepare and monitor project schedules; monitoring, reviewing and coordinating project design and construction.
- Technically support the sales staff, collaborate with branch manager and other sales staff to analyze and resolve problems relative to assigned accounts and product information , work closely with Engineering and Maintenance Departments at customer's site to promote product lines and assist with customer applications; including price quotes / delivery, detailed technical product info, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of automation equipment improvements, installation, or Maintenance Leadership.
- Need Basic PLC skills able to work with PLC's
- A PLUS to have AS Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Based salary in range shown based on extent of qualifcations and education.
- Nice Bonus potential
- Company car
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity with a well established firm
- Relocation Assistance