Permanent position: A prominent automation company in the Grand Rapids, MI area is seeking a Process Cost Estimator. This is a top priority for the company, and will work hand in hand with the CEO. The Process Cost Estimator will work directly with customers to come up with creative solutions to meet client's needs, and then cost out the piece of machinery/equipment that needs to be built. The candidate should have experience quoting automation machinery, and should be comfortable working with customers. This is an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. This is a direct-hire position with excellent benefits package. Responsibilities for the Cost Estimator
Requirements for the Cost Estimator
- Prepare machine quotes with cycle time analysis, process PowerPoints, 2D AutoCAD layouts, and cost sheets.
- Interpret engineering layouts and data.
- Estimate labor hours for the automation equipment build process including mechanical and electrical design, fabrication, assembly, installation and customer buyoff process.
- Estimates hard costs of proposed automation equipment including raw material and purchased components.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- AutoCAD experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.