Direct hire opportunity immediately available in the greater Atlanta area for a mechanical designer with experience detailing/designing utility structures. Associates degree preferred, but will consider relevant work history.
Responsibilities for the Designer
- Design and detail structural repairs for utility structures and associated foundations
- Perform drafting, checking and create material lists for both steel and concrete repairs
- Create and implement standard drawing practices for use by engineers and other drafters
- Create details for Pole Restoration repairs, tools, equipment etc.
Requirements for the Designer
- Associate's Degree in a technical field (drafting/design) from an accredited program
- 5+ years of experience detailing utility structures working within a utility, an engineering and utility contractor, or a utility structure fabricator
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software, 2D and 3D. PLS_CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower and/or other utility structure modeling program experience is a plus