Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for an Environmental Professional in the Ottumwa, IA area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Specialist
- Identify and correct potential safety and health hazards as well as identify unsafe actions in order to eliminate on-the-job injuries and illnesses.
- Assist in developing recommendations for safety processes/programs to attain and sustain a hazard free workplace. This includes design and evaluation of components to monitor effectiveness.
- Conduct audits to verify compliance to required regulations and company policies and then assure management is aware of items identified for proper and corrective actions.
Requirements for the Specialist
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technology/Science discipline or equivalent experience. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory operations.
- Experience in a manufacturing operation, manufacturing engineering, or industrial engineering environment.