Quality Assurance Engineer
Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Quality Engineer with a metal manufacturing background, but that can come from various industries. This role is out of the Memphis, TN area. (south of Memphis in MS). Relocation assistance is available.
This persons main duties are to plan and conduct activities concerned with assuring the quality of our processes and products by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities for the Quality Assurance Engineer
- Supports the Quality Manager in the running of the Quality Management System to continually improve process performance and product quality.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of customer orders for the planning of compliance with customer written and non-written requirements.
- Establishes receiving verification processes to assure all purchasing requirements are met prior to release for use and assists Purchasing in evaluating vendors' performance.
- Supports Operations and QC Supervisor(s) to develop in-process and final inspection processes to detect and resolve nonconformities at the earliest stage possible.
- Works with all areas of the plant in the writing and use of work instructions, documentation of processes and records management, and in the training of employees in support of the goal of a competent workforce.
- Participates in internal audits, supports the Management Review process, and coordinates the corrective action process to support the quality improvement goals of the organization.
- Develops, trains and deploys the latest problem solving approaches to support company process improvement goals.
- Prepares and maintains key metrics to identify improvement opportunities and communicate to the management team as necessary.
Requirements for the Quality Assurance Engineer
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B. A.) from four-year college or university in a related field to Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering;
- Four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
- Relocation assistance is available.