Contract position: An American multinational biotechnology product development company who is a leader in genetic testing and precision laboratory equipment markets is currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager in the Carlsbad, CA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Plan out all project activities, relationships, team members, responsibilities, update meetings, minutes, periodic management reviews.
- Projects may be in-house design/build or integrating purchased machines/components or specify/purchase/install/validate type.
- Gathering requirements at various production facilities by observation, interaction with site production/maintenance/engineering staff, video taping and time element analysis.
- Associate's degree and relevant engineering experience is preferred. Sound mechanical design experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with and knowledge of automated production machinery to develop an overall concept, component selection, BOM, and basic electrical/control requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.