Contract position: An American multinational biotechnology product development company who is a leader in genetic testing and precision laboratory equipment markets is currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager in the Carlsbad, CA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager
- Plan out all project activities, relationships, team members, responsibilities, update meetings, minutes, periodic management reviews.
- Projects may be in-house design/build or integrating purchased machines/components or specify/purchase/install/validate type.
- Gathering requirements at various production facilities by observation, interaction with site production/maintenance/engineering staff, video taping and time element analysis.
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Associate's degree and relevant engineering experience is preferred. Sound mechanical design experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with and knowledge of automated production machinery to develop an overall concept, component selection, BOM, and basic electrical/control requirements.