Quality Assurance Engineer
Permanent position: Quality Engineer with Plastic Injection Molding experience for direct hire is needed for manufacturing company near Macon, GA. Must have 2+ years experience as a Quality Engineer in a plastic injection molding or food grade packaging facility. The ideal candidate will have experience managing quality policies, procedures, processes, programs, and practices, to assure continuous improvement, conformance and effectiveness. Salary is $65,000 - $75,000 per year.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Client will not sponsor the need for visa now or in the future.
Responsibilities for the Quality Assurance Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Assurance Engineer
- Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
- Develops Quality Assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses, root cause analysis, and preventative measures.
- Responsible for Quality Management System (QMS) compliance. Manage all company-wide, quality policies, procedures, processes, programs, and practices, with an understanding of standards and regulations for food quality packaging.
- 2+ years Quality Engineer with at least 1 year in food quality packaging, injection molding, and management.
- BS degree or equivalent degree in Engineering or Business Management and at least 5 years in Quality Assurance.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), preferred.
- Experience with high speed manufacturing of plastic packaging.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification/training preferred.
- Full-time position with industry competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and 401k.