Contract position: Engineering & Construction client involved in HVAC construction projects for DOD and DOE facilities is looking for a Site Construction Superintendent/Project Superintendent to support multiple commercial HVAC system construction projects in the US. You need at least 10+ years of overall experience related to commercial & facility projects and at least 5 years of experience as a Superintendent. Specific experience working on DOE or DOD projects is a big PLUS. This is a traveling position that pays per diem, mobilization and demobilization and a paid trip home every 3 weeks. Responsibilities for the Superintendent
Requirements for the Superintendent
- Provide on-site construction and administrative management of field related activities on construction projects for the DOE or DOD
- Responsible for the oversight of the following project work activities: HVAC systems (main area), plumbing, controls, fire protection, and commercial electrical systems
- Responsible for overall supervision of construction effort, which includes: productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, materials management, scheduling, engineering, and contractual performance of the project
- Monitor Subcontractor construction efforts & activities to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Each project site could range from 3 - 6+ months at one location and then you will go to the next location to manage the same or similar type of project
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (schedule progress, construction activities, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site staff)
- You need 10+ years of experience on commercial & facilities construction projects related to HVAC systems, plumbing, controls, fire protection, and commercial electrical systems
- You need at least 3 years of experience as a Project Superintendent, Construction Superintendent or Construction Manager over commercial or facility construction projects
- Your main experience needs to be focused on HVAC system construction projects
- You need excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate work with on-site client
- Experience with the requirements for worker safety and health General Provisions and Program Requirements established by the DOE in 10 CFR 851 is a big PLUS
- PTO Program
- Comprehensive contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.